Amanda Lillian Mills is a photographer and wardrobe designer from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She has been shooting, styling and art directing since 2008. Her design aesthetic is notable for its ability to authentically capture the feeling of a time and place. She is passionate about creating moods and helping filmmakers and performers immerse themselves in the reality of the worlds they create. A keen eye for detail, and engaging color palettes are what make her work truly stand out.
Amanda founded her brand Sunshine Acid in 2012, with the launch of a nature-inspired jewelry line, made from repurposed and secondhand materials. In 2013, she co-founded an all-age art space, Cocoon Room, where she curated weekly performances, art installations, and gallery events, as well as a vintage clothing boutique (Sunshine Acid Vintage now operates online via Etsy, and markets throughout Milwaukee). In 2016, Amanda took her interest in community building through local art to a new level by co-founding the monthly Counter Craft Night Market which brings together artists, independent business owners, and families in a welcoming, intimate, and lively environment.
Over the last few years, Amanda has applied her talents and eye for fashion to costume and production design for film. Her work is featured in several short films, music videos, and commercials, many of which were shown in the 2016 + 2017 Milwaukee Film Festivals.
Amanda is currently taking on new projects, and available for hire in the areas of:
Wardrobe Design + Styling
Production Design + Set Design + Props and Costume
* Email to set up an idea sharing session and bring your vision to life.
- Owner + Curator of Sunshine Acid Vintage 2013-Present
- Freelance photographer for Wisconsin Gazette, Milwaukee Magazine, Shepherd Express
- Wardrobe stylist for music videos, short films, commercials.
- Event Organizer and Art Market Director for Milwaukee Psychfest.
- Co-founder and Creative Director of Counter Craft Collective.
- Event Coordinator + Organizer for Counter Craft Night Markets.
- Seamstress + In-House Photographer for The Mini Classy, 2015-2017.
- Stylist for Wisconsin Green Living Festival fashion show, 2015.
- Stylist for Century of the City fashion show, Milwaukee City Center, 2014.
- Freelance stylist assistant for Kohl's Corporation. 2014
- Stylist and featured jewelry designer for Paleontology of a Woman fashion show, Milwaukee Public Museum, 2013.
- Art Director + Stylist for Milwaukee Bike to Work Week fashion show, 2013.
- Stylist for Femme Adorn II + III fashion shows, Milwaukee, WI. 2013-2014.
- Published Photography for Milwaukee Magazine, June 2017 Summer City Guide
- Photography Published Online for On Milwaukee
- OnMilwaukee blog write up about Cocoon Room.
- UWM Post write up about Cocoon Room.
- Femme Adorn III Fashion Show Recap
- Pigeons + Planes music blog write up for WebsterX - "Lately" music video.
- Complex Magazine write up for WebsterX - "Lately" music video.
- MishkaNYC online write up for Mozaic x Zed Kenzo - "Imitation Diamonds" music video.
- AfroPunk online blog write about WebsterX - "Everything" music video.
- Pigeons + Planes music blog write up for WebsterX - "Everything" music video.
- Shepherd Express Magazine online write up for Lex Allen - "Cream + Sugar" music video.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel write up for Lex Allen - "Cream + Sugar" music video.